Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Friends and Strangers

I collect watches and have my favourite haunts for me to look for watches to buy. I don't just buy new watches but also old, second hand watches. Why I buy them, well I am collector of sorts, and the same time what I had bought I had not sold any... I don't think I would want to sell any of them yet.

I had been doing this for a while and have a hefty collection, let's just say that I can put on a watch a day for the next few months.

That aside... I have this neighbour who has a peculiar habit whenever we meet or gather. His eyes would be on my wrist and on several occassions would insist on having a closer look of the watch I have on. And on several occassion he'd remarked that he would want to buy exactly what I have. To this very day he behaves the same way.

Now fast forward a bit... on many occassions he would insists on knowing where I bought my watches, well one place is e-bay, the other is at mudah.my, then of course there are several shops that I frequent too.

These shops that I frequent, the owners have become friends, as not only I bought from them, I sent some watches for servicing to them, and also on days that I am free I would just drop by and 'talk shop' with them, along the way we are friends rather than just customer-vendors.

It brings me a bit of benefit where I can get discounts on watches that other walk-in customers won't get... and this is where it gets interesting.

This neighbour of mine, upon knowing the shops that I go to, would go to them and along the way throw my name around and insisting or expecting to get the same discount that I enjoy.

Recently I happen to visit the shop and the taukey friend told me about it and I asked did my neighbour get the same discount? His response was, of course not, coz the neighbour was not a friend....

Speed of trust?



visit my scribd - rutz.zainal

2 comments:

Atie said...

Assalamualaikum tokey jam,

Wa bukan mau mintak discount, wa mau mintak jam tangan percuma, boleh ka? Tamau itu seconds punya, kasi brand new la ho? hehehe...

pak pandir 2020 said...

aiyaaaa... apa la ada class beli baru punya aje... yang second hand tu bukan cekai2 punya lor.. collectors item la.. mana ada 1940 punya jam baru hehehehe...
mau baru punya haaaa.. nanti wa cari